- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Brunei Darussalam, Mukim Amo
- Product code: BG131
- Pick-up from Hotel lobby
- Panoramic drive through suburbs/countryside
- Stop-by local stalls to enjoy some local produce/ delicacies and smoked fish
- Visit Stingless bee farm - try some honey
- Drive through Brunei Paddy fields
- Drive to Jerudong beachfront "Pantai Cafe" - overlooking the south China sea to enjoy a cup of local teh-tarik and cucur campur (assorted fritters)
- Back to Hotel
- End of tour
Always preferred to get up close to the life of the locals, see the places they live, hear their stories, taste their food, witness their traditional trades and more? This is the trip for you! We will take you out of town, beyond what most tourists will see, and show you the different aspects of Bruneian daily living, a curious blend of traditions of varied influence with modern touches.
Ideal for those
- Who want to enjoy 'going local' for a while
- Who prefer something less active
- Without much time to spare
- Who only want a bit of sightseeing
- Who are on transit for a few hours
- Who might be worn out by full day tours
- Pick-up/Drop-off in Bandar Seri Begawan & its vicinity (outside town such as Jerudong area, add $10/pax)
- Land transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking tour guide
- Visits/Stops as per itinerary
- Pick-up/Drop-off outside BSB & its vicinity, additional B$10/pax
- Visits/Stops outside of the itinerary
- Food and drinks beyond those included
- Free gifts or souvenirs
- Additional services beyond those stated
Suburban & rural settings: walking required, some unshaded areas, zebra crossings
What to wear
- Hat or cap
- Light airy clothing suitable for warm, humid weather
- Comfortable footwear with good grip
- Modesty in attire to be observed at all times
What to bring
- Small bag
- Small towel (for sweat)
- Sun lotion
- Medication (if required)
- Raincoat/Compact umbrella
- Refillable water bottle
- Isotonic drink
Some Things to Note
Entry into museums, mosques and galleries on this tour are free-of-charge. Some air-conditioned venues require removal of footwear, so cotton socks are encouraged for those uncomfortable with cold tiled floors.
Most venues involve steps, and do not have elevator facilities for those who have difficulty. However, guests with special needs/conditions requiring assistance may still be accommodated. Kindly state special needs/conditions at time of enquiry.
Arrangement of visits and photo stops not necessarily in the order given in the itinerary.
Any tours on Thursdays and Fridays have to take into consideration changes to itinerary, as mosques are closed on Thursdays and until late afternoon on Fridays, and museums and galleries close from 11:30-14:30hrs on Fridays. Kindly enquire for more information.
Pick-up/Drop-off within BSB & its vicinity include all town centre hotels and locations, as well as hotels and locations at Mile 1, Kiulap, Gadong, Mata-Mata and Berakas, and excludes Jerudong and other areas. Kindly enquire on your location to be sure.
Duration of tour is calculated beginning from pre-arranged pick-up time to the pre-arranged drop-off time, unless otherwise stated.
As a guided tour, timing and duration of visits and stops are pre-arranged, and any requests, demands or expectation for longer durations will not be entertained.
Guests requesting pick-up and drop-off from Jerudong and its vicinity (Empire Hotel) will have tour commencement half an hour earlier, and end half an hour later.