Half Day City Tour & Mangrove Experience
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Brunei Darussalam, Mukim Amo
- Product code: BG123
Jame Asr Mosque | Royal Palace | Royal Regalia Museum | Mangrove forest & Wildlife | Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque
- Pick-up from Hotel
- Photo Stop at 'Istana Nurul Iman', the Royal Palace
- Visit Royal Regalia Museum
- Visit Jame Asr' Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque (Thursday & Friday closed for inside visit)
- Panoramic boat ride along Brunei River (bypass the water village on the way to the mangroves and back of the Royal Palace)
- Wildlife spotting in the mangrove forests
- Return boat ride
- Photo Stop at Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque
- Drop-off back to hotel
*Tour package will be in seat in coach basis (SIC) : combine with other guests.
This unique package combines sightseeing, heritage and nature experience in a full day tour. Your tour will start at the picturesque Jame Asr Mosque. Built by the current Sultan, this spectacular mosque can fit up to almost 4,500 worshippers. You will then stop by at Istana Nurul Iman - the largest residential palace in the world. The next stop will be the Royal Regalia Museum. Enjoy its grandiose exhibits of Brunei’s royal family and life sized replicas of the Sultan’s life and success.
When done on land, enjoy a boat ride along the Brunei River and head into the mangrove wilderness in an open boat for an adventure to spot for birds and wildlife that call the mangroves home.
Lastly, photo stop at the golden domed Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque before heading back to the hotel.
- Pick-up/Drop-off in Bandar Seri Begawan & its vicinity (outside town such as Jerudong area, add USD$10/pax)
- Land transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking tour guide
- Water transport in local water taxi boat (SIC)
- Visits/Stops as per itinerary
- Pick-up/Drop-off outside BSB & its vicinity, additional USD$10/pax
- Visits/Stops outside of the itinerary
- Food and drinks beyond those included
- Free gifts or souvenirs
- Additional services beyond those stated
Urban settings: walking required, some unshaded areas, zebra crossings. Water Village: ride in open-sided, possibly open-roofed wooden boat, 2 rows of front to back seating, walk along wooden walkways with no handrails.
- Light airy clothing suitable for warm, humid weather
- Comfortable footwear with good grip
- Modesty in attire to be observed at all times
You might want to bring along:
- Small bag
- Small towel (for sweat)
- Sun lotion
- Medication (if required)
- Raincoat/Compact umbrella
- Refillable water bottle
- Isotonic drink
Some Things to Note
Entry into museums, mosques and galleries on this tour are free-of-charge. Some air-conditioned venues require removal of footwear, so cotton socks are encouraged for those uncomfortable with cold tiled floors.
Most venues involve steps, and do not have elevator facilities for those who have difficulty. However, guests with special needs/conditions requiring assistance may still be accommodated. Kindly state special needs/conditions at time of enquiry.
Arrangement of visits and photo stops not necessarily in the order given in the itinerary.
Any tours on Thursdays and Fridays have to take into consideration changes to itinerary, as mosques are closed on Thursdays a nd until late afternoon on Fridays (and subject closed due to religious functions), and museums and galleries close from 11:30-14:30hrs on Fridays. Kindly enquire for more information.
Pick-up/Drop-off within BSB & its vicinity include all town centre hotels and locations, as well as hotels and locations at Mile 1, Kiulap, Gadong, Mata-Mata and Berakas, and excludes Jerudong and other areas. Kindly enquire on your location to be sure.
Duration of tour is calculated beginning from pre-arranged pick-up time to the pre-arranged drop-off time, unless otherwise stated.
As a guided tour, timing and duration of visits and stops are pre-arranged, and any requests, demands or expectation for longer durations will not be entertained.
Guests requesting pick-up and drop-off from Jerudong and its vicinity (Empire Hotel) will have tour commencement half an hour earlier, and end half an hour later.