Berambang Island Explorer
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Brunei Darussalam, Mukim Amo
- Product code: BG133
- Pick-up from Hotel lobby
- Arrive at BSB & take a water taxi speedboat to Berambang Island
- Hike up Bukit Bujang Pahang peak; Learn Flora & Fauna, coal mine, panoramic view from peak, Bat cave, 7 pillar rock formation & 7 Princess washing pond & Legend & Myth visit Fishing village
- Arrive back at jetty
- Depart back to Hotel
Despite being a stone's throw from the city centre, Berambang is an island unknown even to many locals! It even feels like a different country, as motorcycles and bicycles are predominant here, and not cars! A daytrip promises idyllic walks along countryside roads, a hill trek which presents you with sweeping vistas, historic disused coal mines, dramatic rock formations, and a showcase of Brunei's hardy kerangas forests. The highlight of course, is a 'picnic' at the summit along the hill trek! Upon descending, head for a fishing village a few minutes away, on the banks of a river channel which is also the border with Malaysia. From here, enjoy a relaxing boat ride through the mangroves, a diverse habitat for wildlife - you might even spot some of them along the way back!
Ideal for those
- Who are raring for the outdoors
- Who are into rock formations
- Who have reasonable physical fitness
- Who like to go where others usually do not go to
- Pick-up/Drop-off at Hotel around BSB area
- English-speaking tour guide
- Water transport in local water taxi boat
- Visits/Stops as per itinerary
- Mineral water
- Pick-up/Drop-off outside BSB & its vicinity, additional B$10/pax
- Visits/Stops outside of the itinerary
- Free gifts or souvenirs
- Additional services beyond those stated
Rural outdoors and forested settings: a lot of walking required, surfaces mix of paved roads, stone walkways, mud and rock paths. Boat ride in open-sided, open-roofed wooden boat, 2 rows of front to back seating, walk along wooden walkways with no handrails.
What to wear
- Hat or cap
- Light airy clothing suitable for warm, humid weather
- Shoes or sandals suitable for hiking. No flip-flops
- Modesty in attire to be observed at all times
What to bring
- Small bag
- Small towel (for sweat)
- Sun lotion
- Medication (if required)
- Raincoat/Compact umbrella
- Waterproof Pouches/Bags (to keep gadgets, wallets, passports, etc dry) |
- Refillable water bottle
- Isotonic drink
Some Things to Note
Entry into museums, mosques and galleries on this tour are free-of-charge. Some air-conditioned venues require removal of footwear, so cotton socks are encouraged for those uncomfortable with cold tiled floors.
Most venues involve steps, and do not have elevator facilities for those who have difficulty. However, guests with special needs/conditions requiring assistance may still be accommodated. Kindly state special needs/conditions at time of enquiry.
Arrangement of visits and photo stops not necessarily in the order given in the itinerary.
Any tours on Thursdays and Fridays have to take into consideration changes to itinerary, as mosques are closed on Thursdays a nd until late afternoon on Fridays, and museums and galleries close from 11:30-14:30 hrs on Fridays. Kindly enquire for more information.
Pick-up/Drop-off within BSB & its vicinity include all town centre hotels and locations, as well as hotels and locations at Mile 1, Kiulap, Gadong, Mata-Mata and Berakas, and excludes Jerudong and other areas. Kindly enquire on your location to be sure.
Duration of tour is calculated beginning from pre-arranged pick-up time to the pre-arranged drop-off time, unless otherwise stated.
As a guided tour, timing and duration of visits and stops are pre-arranged, and any requests, demands or expectation for longer durations will not be entertained.
Guests requesting pick-up and drop-off from Jerudong and its vicinity (Empire Hotel) will have tour commencement half an hour earlier, and end half an hour later.