Rainforest Discovery (Day Trip)
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: SEV01
Highlights: Sumbiling Eco Village / Rainforest Discovery Trek
- Meet at BSB Jetty, Bandar Seri Begawan;
- Speedboat ride to Bangar town, Temburong
- Welcome by local guide at the Bangar jetty for overland transfer to Sumbiling Eco Village
- Morning tea
- Start Rainforest Discovery trek
- Back to Sumbiling Eco Village.
- Freshen up, relax & photo time
- Overland transfer to Bangar
- Speedboat ride to BSB
- Arrive at Bandar Seri Begawan. End of Tour
Situated on the banks of the Temburong river, Sumbiling Eco Village is an eco lodge that offers amazing nature based activities including the famous trend, "glamping". Home to the Iban Community, our aim is to achieve sustainability by preserving and maintaining the environment and utilizing existing resources. We also want to promote the harmonious and rich culture of the indigenous tribes of Borneo. Prepare to be enticed with their nature induced simple way of life, mysticism beliefs, culture and unique laws. The Sumbiling Eco Village practices responsible tourism, hence making it Brunei’s first eco tourism destination.
The surrounding area is an epitome of nature’s playground. Temburong district is separated from the rest of Brunei by Malaysia. The Ulu Temburong National Park is regarded as one of the best preserved rainforest areas in Borneo. Our SEV packages include fun filled trekking activities and nature excursions. Here you can find various rare species of Flora and Faunas.
This humbling experience perfectly fits the busy and fast paced travel itineraries, giving you time to breathe and unwind. Your trip begins with a 45 minute speedboat ride to Temburong. You will be welcomed and picked up by our local guide and your overland journey to SEV begins. Once you arrive SEV, have some time to rest and change to your trekking attires.
The first part of your trek will take you through secondary rainforest which feature a diverse range of plants with multi-purpose benefits such as wild ginseng. These traditional beliefs are inherited from the generations of yesteryears and is still apparent in their lifestyle from laws, mysticism, beauty products and handicrafts. Relish walking across the Mutong River as you trek along some shallow rocky portions.
Return to SEV where you will have your locally made and harvested lunch. Have some time to relax and explore the mini forest trek around the village before you head back to Bandar Seri Begawan.
- Return speedboat fare Bandar Seri Begawan to Bangar
- Return transfer Bangar to Sumbiling Eco Village
- Rainforest discovery trek
- Morning tea, lunch, free flow of water and hot drinks at Sumbiling Eco Village
- Personal Toiletries
- Tips for guides and staff
- Bamboo rafting, Bamboo Chicken (requires pre-booking, USD$22 per tube)
- Tubing water activity (pre booking, USD$10 per person)
- Additional requests for products, services or amenities not expressly mentioned above.
Easy trekking through hilly undulating terrain. No marked trails - directions by villager guides. Guides will choose among trails depending on the fitness level of guests and timing. Surfaces might be muddy and slippery. Crossing streams and river rapids required. Swim in rivers/streams*.
What to Bring?
- Light rucksack
- Change of clothes (in case you get wet)
- Small towel (for sweat)
- Bath towel
- Refillable water bottle
- Extra pair of slipper or wet shoes for walking in stream
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion
- Medication (if required)
- Waterproof pouches/bags (to keep gadgets, wallets, passports, etc dry)
- Isotonic drinks
Timing is subjected to boat schedules and other factors. At times you might need to wait more than one hour for boat departure
Terms & Conditions
Please read this carefully before you proceed to book with us. These terms and conditions are binding once the booking is confirmed by us.
- Provision of package is on a seat-in-coach basis. Cost based on Minimum 2 pax going. Extra charges will be levied for personal tours.
- The operator and its affiliates exclude any liability for any discomfort, death or injury occurring within our premises or on tours conducted resulting from guest's own negligence or from circumstances, natural or otherwise, beyond reasonable foresight of the operator.
- Guests are expected to show respect for the natural environment by refraining from destruction or removal of flora, fauna or other components, unless otherwise permitted, and with the knowledge of the guides in attendance. Guests are also expected to strictly adhere to safety regulations and directions from the guides at all times during the duration of the tour.
- As an outdoor trip, itinerary and times indicated are subject to change without notice, as trips may be affected by rain, heat, high or low water levels in the river, and guests' fitness levels which might affect speed of mobility.
- Meals are prepared in local style and consist of chicken, fish & assorted vegetables, unless otherwise pre-requested and agreed upon between operator and guest. Guests observing a vegetarian regime, or other dietary preferences are to make their preferences known at time of booking in order for suitable meals to be prepared, to the best effort of the operator.
- All payments must be made in full upon confirmation of the booking request and NO Refund will be provided for "NO SHOW" or any unused portion of tour and/or accommodation once booking is confirmed.