Labi Heritage Tour
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Brunei Darussalam, Mukim Amo
- Product code: BG141
Highlights: Tutong Town / Luangan Lalak / Labi / Seri Keyangan Beach
- Pick up from Hotel and proceed to Tutong town
- Arrive at Tutong town, brief photo stop and continue
- Depart to Luagan Lalak
- Arrive at Luagan Lalak for photo stop and enjoy the beautiful view
- Depart for Labi, photo stop on Padi Field & Farm land
- Arrive at a longhouse to visit and learn about their lifestyle
- Depart Longhouse
- Stop by a local restaurant for local lunch and continue to Seri Keyangan beach
- Photo stop at Seri Keyangan beach
- Arrive back to hotel with fond memories of Labi
DISCLAIMER: Timing is subjected to road & weather condition and other factors.
Pick up from hotel and drive to the south eastern part of Brunei’s beautiful interior. On the way, stop-by Tutong town to buy local delicacy for refreshment. Brief stop at Forestry museum to learn about Brunei’s unique forest. Along the way, your guide will introduce to you the various type of vegetation and rainforest. Short Stop at the stunning “Luagan lalak” a serene peaceful natural alluvial fresh water swamp (which looks like a lake). Continue journey and see miles and miles of Rainforest before reaching Labi.
At Labi, you can see vast rice field, Green orange farm, Papaya farm and many other local fruit trees. Upon arrival at Labi, we will visit a tribal longhouse or “Rumah Panjang”. It belongs to a tribe called “IBAN” which was once known as the fierce head hunter of Borneo. At the Longhouse, learn about their lifestyle & handicraft that they made.
Thereafter, stop by a local restaurant for lunch before heading back to hotel with fond memories of Labi.
- Pick-up/Drop-off in BSB & its vicinity
- Land transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking tour guide
- Visit Iban longhouse
- Mineral water & lunch
- Pick-up/Drop-off outside BSB & its vicinity
- Visits/Stops outside of the itinerary
- Food and drinks beyond those included
- Additional services beyond those stated
- Free gifts or souvenirs
Walking required, some unshaded areas,
What to wear
- Light airy clothing suitable for warm, humid weather
- Hat or cap
- Comfortable footwear with good grip
- Modesty in attire to be observed at all times
- Small bag/light rucksack
- Small towel (for sweat)
- Bath towel
- Changes of clothes
- Hat or cap
You might want to bring along
- Raincoat/Compact umbrella
- Insect repellent
- Sun lotion
- Waterproof pouches/bags (to keep gadgets, wallets,
passports, etc dry)
- Notepad w/pen or pencil
- Favourite snacks
- Medication (if required)
- Refillable water bottle
- Isotonic water
Some Things to Note
Entry into museums, mosques and galleries on this tour are free-of-charge. Some air-conditioned venues require removal of footwear, so cotton socks are encouraged for those uncomfortable with cold tiled floors.
Most venues involve steps, and do not have elevator facilities for those who have difficulty. However, guests with special needs/conditions requiring assistance may still be accommodated. Kindly state special needs/conditions at time of enquiry.
Arrangement of visits and photo stops not necessarily in the order given in the itinerary. Any tours on Thursdays and Fridays have to take into consideration changes to itinerary, as mosques are closed on Thursdays a nd until late afternoon on Fridays, and museums and galleries close from 11:30-14:30hrs on Fridays. Kindly enquire for more information.
Pick-up/Drop-off within BSB & its vicinity include all town centre hotels and locations, as well as hotels and locations at Mile 1, Kiulap, Gadong, Mata-Mata and Berakas, and excludes Jerudong and other areas. Kindly enquire on your location to be sure. Duration of tour is calculated beginning from pre-arranged pick up time to the pre-arranged drop-off time, unless otherwise stated.
As a guided tour, timing and duration of visits and stops are pre-arranged, and any requests, demands or expectation for longer durations will not be entertained.
Guests requesting pick-up and drop-off from Jerudong and its vicinity (Empire Hotel) will have tour commencement half an hour earlier, and end half an hour later.