Water Village Tour
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Brunei Darussalam, Mukim Amo
- Product code: BG111
Highlights: Tamu Kianggeh | Water Village | Water Village Gallery | Water Village Home | Traditional Food Lunch | SOAS Mosque
- Pick-up from hotel lobby
- Visit 'Tamu' (Morning Market)
- Panoramic boat tour of Water Village & surrounding historical Island
- Visit a Water Village home
- Photo Stop at Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque
The Water Village is one of Brunei's heritage jewels, being not only the world's biggest settlement on stilts, but also the cultural heartland of the Brunei Malay. The 'village' in its name is rather misleading, as it was the capital and centre of the Brunei Empire until the modernisation drive during the Resident's administration (the current city centre only begun being developed around that time). Visit Water Village gallery & enjoy a river cruise in a wooden water taxi, passing island, homes and public buildings on water, and then disembark for a short stroll along wooden walkways to visit a villager's home. ADDITIONAL: See Awang Semaun GASING, Legendary Lumut Lunting rock Mystical Jong Batu and Pulau Si Bungur and having Ambuyat lunch at Kampong Ayer.
- Pick-up/Drop-off in BSB & its vicinity
- Land transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Water transport in local water taxi boat
- English-speaking tour guide
- Visits/Stops as per itinerary
- Light refreshments at Water Village home
- Pick-up/Drop-off outside BSB & its vicinity
- Visits/Stops outside of the itinerary
- Food and drinks beyond those included
- Additional services beyond those stated
- Free gifts or souvenirs
Urban settings: walking required, some unshaded areas, zebra crossings.
- Light airy clothing suitable for warm, humid weather
- Comfortable footwear with good grip
- Modesty in attire to be observed at all times
You might want to bring along
- Small bag
- Small towel (for sweat)
- Raincoat/Compact umbrella
- Sun lotion
- Notepad w/pen or pencil
- Medication (if required)
- Refillable water bottle
- Isotonic water
Terms & Conditions
Package provision subject to guest's acceptance of the following:
- Provision of package is on a seat-in-coach basis. Cost based on Minimum 2 pax going. Extra charges will be levied for personal tours.
- The operator and its affiliates exclude any liability for any discomfort, death or injury occurring within our premises or on tours conducted resulting from guest's own negligence or from circumstances, natural or otherwise, beyond reasonable foresight of the operator.
- Entry into museums, mosques and galleries on this tour are free-of-charge. Some air-conditioned venues require removal of footwear, so cotton socks are encouraged for those uncomfortable with cold tiled floors.
- Most venues involve steps, and do not have elevator facilities for those who have difficulty. However, guests with special needs/conditions requiring assistance may still be accommodated. Kindly state special needs/conditions at time of enquiry.
- Arrangement of visits and photo stops not necessarily in the order given in the itinerary.
- Any tours on Thursdays and Fridays have to take into consideration changes to itinerary, as mosques are closed on Thursdays a nd until late afternoon on Fridays (and subject to closure due to religious functions), and museums and galleries close from 11:30-14:30hrs on Fridays. Kindly enquire for more information.
- Pick-up/Drop-off within BSB & its vicinity include all town centre hotels and locations, as well as hotels and locations at Mile 1, Kiulap, Gadong, Mata-Mata and Berakas, and excludes Jerudong and other areas. Kindly enquire on your location to be sure.
- Duration of tour is calculated beginning from pre-arranged pick-up time to the pre-arranged drop-off time, unless otherwise stated.
- As a guided tour, timing and duration of visits and stops are pre-arranged, and any requests, demands or expectation for longer durations will not be entertained.
- Guests requesting pick-up and drop-off from Jerudong and its vicinity (Empire Hotel) will have tour commences half an hour earlier, and end half an hour later