Brunei Essentials Full Day & Water Village
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Brunei Darussalam, Mukim Amo
- Product code: BG103
Highlights: Morning Market | Royal Palace | Jame Asr Mosque | Malay Technology Museum | Royal Regalia Museum | Water Village | Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque
- Pick up from hotel
- Visit 'Tamu', the Morning Market
- Visit Jame Asr' Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque (Thursday & Friday closed for inside visit)
- Photo Stop at the Royal Palace
- Visit Malay Technology Museum
- Panoramic drive across the newly built RIPAS bridge
- Lunch at local restaurant (1 hour)
- Visit Royal Regalia Museum
- Panoramic boat ride of the Water Village
- Visit a private Water Village home to enjoy local delicacies
- Photo Stop at Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque
- Drop-off back to hotel
(Arrangement of visits and photo stops not necessarily in the order given in the itinerary.)
This package is suitable for those who have a whole day to spare, infused with outdoor activities and historical visits to the nation’s greatest icon. This tour will start off at the Morning Market. Mingle with the locals, find fresh produce and exotic plants used for medicinal and beauty purposes. Next, visit the amazing Jame Asr’ Hassanal Mosque in which the country’s modern Islamic lifestyle resonates. The tour will continue to the Royal Palace - the largest palace residence in the world, for a photo stop. Thereafter, visit to the Malay Technology Museum which has galleries that display the lifestyles of the Malays and ethnic tribes. Enjoy a panoramic drive across the newly built RIPAS bridge that connects the city to the Sg. Kebun water village.After lunch, visit the Royal Regalia Museum to enjoy its grandiose exhibits of Brunei’s royal family and life sized replicas of the Sultan’s life and success. Then, prepared for a fun filled trip around the famous Water Village. You will be taken via a"water taxi" speedboat around the Brunei River for a panoramic boat ride and visit a private water village home to enjoy some tea and local delicacies.
Lastly, photo-stop at the golden domed Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque before heading back to the hotel.
- Pick-up/Drop-off in BSB & its vicinity
- Land transport in air-conditioned vehicle
- Water transport in local water taxi boat
- English-speaking tour guide
- Visits/Stops as per itinerary
- Light refreshments at Water Village home
- Pick-up/Drop-off outside BSB & its vicinity
- Visits/Stops outside of the itinerary
- Food and drinks beyond those included
- Food orders beyond buffet allocated
Urban settings: walking required, some unshaded areas, zebra crossings.
- Light airy clothing suitable for warm, humid weather
- Comfortable footwear with good grip
- Modesty in attire to be observed at all times
You might want to bring along
- Small bag
- Small towel (for sweat)
- Sun lotion
- Raincoat/Compact umbrella
- Medication (if required)
- Refillable water bottle
Some Things to Note
Entry into museums, mosques and galleries on this tour are free-of-charge. Some air-conditioned venues require removal of footwear, so cotton socks are encouraged for those uncomfortable with cold tiled floors.
Most venues involve steps, and do not have elevator facilities for those who have difficulty. However, guests with special needs/conditions requiring assistance may still be accommodated. Kindly state special needs/conditions at time of enquiry.
Arrangement of visits and photo stops not necessarily in the order given in the itinerary.
Any tours on Thursdays and Fridays have to take into consideration changes to itinerary, as mosques are closed on Thursdays and until late afternoon on Fridays (and subject to closure due to religious functions), and museums and galleries close from 11:30-14:30hrs on Fridays. Kindly enquire for more information.
Pick-up/Drop-off within BSB & its vicinity include all town centre hotels and locations, as well as hotels and locations at Mile 1, Kiulap, Gadong, Mata-Mata and Berakas, and excludes Jerudong and other areas. Kindly enquire on your location to be sure.
Duration of tour is calculated beginning from pre-arranged pick-up time to the pre-arranged drop-off time, unless otherwise stated.
As a guided tour, timing and duration of visits and stops are pre-arranged, and any requests, demands or expectation for longer durations will not be entertained.
Guests requesting pick-up and drop-off from Jerudong and its vicinity (Empire Hotel) will have tour commencement half an hour earlier, and end half an hour later.