Sumbiling Eco Village & Rainforest Discovery (Overnight)
- Trvanie: 24 Hodín (cca.)
- Kód produktu: SEV03
Highlights: Sumbiling Eco Village | Rainforest Discovery Trek
Day 1 - Afternoon (2.00pm)
- Meet at BSB jetty, Bandar Seri Begawan;
- Boat ride to Bangar town, Temburong.
- Welcome by local guide at Bangar jetty.
- Overland transfer to Sumbiling Eco Village.
- Arrive at Sumbiling Eco Village. Check in to accommodation .
- Free & Leisure.
- Relax in the river or take a walk to the village and its surrounding
- Night forest walk.
Day 2 - Morning
- Breakfast & get ready for the day (flexible)
- Start Rainforest discovery trek.
- Back to Sumbiling Eco Village,
- Lunch, freshen up, relax and check out from Sumbiling Eco Village.
- Overland transfer to Bangar
- Boat ride to Bandar Seri Begawan.
- Arrive at Bandar Seri Begawan jetty. End of Tour
Situated on the banks of the Temburong river, Sumbiling Eco Village is an eco lodge that offers amazing nature based activities including the famous trend, "glamping". Home to the Iban Community, our aim is to achieve sustainability by preserving and maintaining the environment and utilizing existing resources. We also want to promote the harmonious and rich culture of the indigenous tribes of Borneo. Prepare to be enticed with their nature induced simple way of life, mysticism beliefs, culture and unique laws. The Sumbiling Eco Village practices responsible tourism, hence making it Brunei’s first eco tourism destination.
The surrounding area is an epitome of nature’s playground. Temburong district is separated from the rest of Brunei by Malaysia. The Ulu Temburong National Park is regarded as one of the best preserved rainforest areas in Borneo. Our SEV packages includes fun filled trekking activities and nature excursions. Here you can find various rare species of Flora and Faunas.
This humbling overnight experience is a perfect getaway for those who wants to take their time immersing in mother nature. Your trip begins with a 45 minute speedboat ride to Temburong. You will be welcomed and picked up by our guide and your overland journey to SEV begins. Settle in to your lodging or alternatively take a refreshing dip in the river or rest on the hammock beside the river. After dinner, proceed to a nearby forested area for a night walk in the forest and spot unique species like glow in the dark mushrooms, stick insects, birds, frogs and snakes.
Wake up to an adventurous day ahead. The first part of your trek will take you through secondary rainforest which feature a diverse range of plants with multi-purpose benefits such as wild ginseng. These traditional beliefs are inherited from the generations of yesteryears and is still apparent in their lifestyle from laws, mysticism, beauty products and handicrafts.
Go deeper until eventually you emerge into primary rainforest. Marvel at the towering trees, especially the hardwoods and enjoy the cool shade cast by the imposing canopy foliage above you.
Walk across the Mutong River as you trek along some shallow rocky portions. For the adrenaline seekers, trek along a creek to a small seasonal waterfall which will definitely be worth the excitement.
Return to SEV. After returning, freshen up and get down to a hearty lunch, possibly with a treat of wild vegetables foraged from nearby! Some relax and photo time, and then time to pack up and say good bye. Depart for Bangar, returning to BSB by boat*, with fond memories of your rainforest holiday, made possible by Sumbiling Eco Village!
- Guided forest night walk
- Rainforest discovery trek through forest
- Local native guide for Rainforest discovery excursion
- Return speedboat fare BSB - Bangar (ex. BSB Jetty only)
- Return transfer Bangar - Sumbiling Eco Village
- Use of Sumbiling Eco Village recreational facilities to be indicated by staff
- Accommodation in Cabins | Rooms
- Dinner, breakfast, lunch, free flow of water and hot drinks at Sumbiling Eco Village;
- Personal Toiletries
- Tips for guides and staff
- Bamboo chicken (USD$22 per tube for 2-3 pax)
- Water tubing activities (USD$10 per person)
- Additional requests for products, services or amenities not expressly mentioned above. Special request may be fulfilled at additional cost.
DISCLAIMER: Timing is subjected to boat schedules and other factors. At times you might need to wait
more than one hour for boat departure.
Terms & Conditions
this carefully before you proceed to book with us. These terms and conditions
are binding once the booking is confirmed by us.
- Provision of package is on a seat-in-coach basis. Cost based
on.Minimum 2 pax going. Extra charges will be levied for personal
- The operator and its affiliates exclude any
liability for any discomfort, death or injury occurring within our
premises or on tours conducted resulting from guest's own negligence or
from circumstances, natural or otherwise, beyond reasonable foresight of
- Guests are expected to show respect for
the natural environment by refraining from destruction or removal of
flora, fauna or other components,unless otherwise permitted, and with
the knowledge of the guides in attendance. Guests are also expected to
strictly adhere to safety regulations and directions from the guides at
all times during the duration of the tour.
- As an
outdoor trip, itinerary and times indicated are subject to change
without notice, as trips may be affected by rain, heat, high or low
water levels in the river, and guests' fitness levels which might affect
the speed of mobility.
- Meals are prepared with
local style and consist of chicken, fish & assorted vegetables,
unless otherwise pre-requested and agreed upon between operator and
guest. Guests observing a vegetarian regime, or other dietary
preferences are to make their preferences known at the time of booking
in order for suitable meals to be prepared, to the best effort of
- All payments
must be made in full upon confirmation of the booking request and NO Refund
will be provided for "NO SHOW" or any unused portion of tour and/or
accommodation once booking is confirmed.